If you’re eligible for a tax refund, you’ll want to get it sooner rather than later. Right?
It’s uncertain how long a tax refund will take in 2017, for a range of reasons. The ATO has released a lot of changes, warnings and new systems. They are cracking down on many types of taxpayers with closer checks. Plus, the ATO has been plagued by technical outages for the past year and there’s some chance this will repeat in the coming months.
The tax experts at Etax.com.au want to help with some practical things you can do to help get a faster tax refund.
1. Collect your tax information in one place
- Collect all your basic documents. (PAYG, bank interest, any other income, plus receipts for work-related expenses and other deductions like charitable donations). Then simply fill in the new easy-to-follow etax.com.au form.
- Get your PAYG documents ready. Particularly important for people lodging early in the season (ie before 17 July).
- Click the ‘attach’ button beside the PAYG section in your Etax return. Then, upload your PAYG. You can even do it on mobile; the button lets you snap a photo of the documents with your phone!
- Using etax.com.au, you choose the sections you need and skip the rest. That means less reading and you’re done faster.
“Our online service and support aim to make thigs worry-free, while, for many people the ATO’s mytax and old e-Tax software can be a bit of a worry,” says Simone Gielis, General Manager of Etax Accountants.
“Most noteworthy, they don’t provide personal tax-saving advice, which can be a big deal.”
Why use an online tax agent like Etax.com.au instead of an agent’s office or self-preparation at myGov?
We surveyed Etax clients and here’s what they said:
- For the confidence of knowing it was prepared right, double-checked by accountants and lodged correctly.
- Because it is so fast & easy.
- Because the fees are so fair compared to traditional tax agents.
- For tax agent advice and help with deductions.
There was a lot more in the survey, yet, those items seem to be enough for most people.
2. Get your tax & contact details right
- Make sure that the personal details you enter into the etax.com.au form are exactly right for 2016.
- Provide an email address you check frequently plus a mobile number,
- add [email protected] to your email address book – this helps make sure important notices reach your inbox.
- The etax.com.au tax agents also can spot items that are different to ATO records, which is a great way to prevent ATO refund delays.
3. Let the experts check it all and maximise your tax refund
At etax.com.au, if you’re unsure about anything you can leave a note in ‘My Messages’. A qualified accountant will get back to you quickly.
Our accountants check your return for issues that could slow down your refund. They are trained to spot ‘ATO audit triggers’ that cause problems with your return,” says Gielis.
Also, they contact you with suggestions to improve your tax refund and to check final details, if needed.”
When it’s all correct, the Etax accountants lodge your return electronically, which helps ensure a quick turnaround at the ATO.
Peace of mind
One of the best things about Etax is the peace of mind. Your return was checked by tax accountants who want to help you avoid any sort of ATO trouble.
“Spotting errors, unusual claims and items that cause ATO audits, before the return is lodged, is one of the things we do best,” says Gielis.
For more information on how the experts at Etax can help you get a faster tax refund, contact us by phone on 1300 693 829 or email the team on [email protected]
You are viewing our new website design! Click here to go back to the original site.