Do you know the best way to do your tax return quickly and confidently?
Getting your tax return finished fast and score yourself a decent tax refund is simple if you use the right platform.
Let’s start with a quick how-to video!
Now, some aspects of the Etax online tax form that’ll help YOU finish your tax in minutes.
- There’s no ‘save’ button in your Etax return – because you don’t need one. It saves as you go.
Want help from a human, right now? Connect on live chat
- Got a question about your tax deductions or income? You can get live help from a friendly accountant while you’re doing your return
Select the items you need to enter
- There are 3 main sections in your return: INCOME, DEDUCTIONS and OTHER items.
- At the top of each section, you select items that relate to your job and circumstances.
- Just click on them to add each section to your return.
Fun Fact: There’s no need to go hunting for your income statement – we access that for you.
Attach documents in seconds
Do you have a statement or work-related receipts?
You can just click the Attach File buttons in each section to attach your records to your Etax return. An accountant will check them later and make sure they are entered correctly on your return.
Income Section and some basics
1. Real time refund estimate updates as you go.
2. Need help? Quick how-to videos guide you.
3. Select the items you need, then fill the sections in below
4. Want to talk to a real accountant? Do that too with Live Chat.
The Occupation Selector
5. The Occupation Selector is the most important section of the tax return if you want to get a good refund.
- It’s also a requirement of the ATO that you provide at least one occupation.
So what tax deductions should I claim?
6. If you selected your occupation from the drop down menu in the Occupation Selector this is where we make it super easy for you.
- Deductions that are common for people in your job are automatically suggested to you.
- All you have to do is pick the deductions that are relevant to you.
Sections and Help Pop-Ups
Each item you choose opens a section below it so you can fill in your details
7. If you need to check anything about an item, open the help pop-up at the top right of each section
8. Attach receipts and other documents in seconds directly from your device. Safe, simple and secure!
RememberEtax accountants are on your side and they’re looking out for your best interests.
Need a checklist?
A checklist helps you remember bits you might need before you start, saving you time and bother.
We provide a detailed tax checklist for most job types in Australia. hop over to our tax checklist page to download one for free
Make it easier to do your tax in minutes, save receipts, anytime!
You can use Etax year-round to save tax receipts from your mobile, so you don’t need to keep track of paper receipts. You won’t miss a tax deduction ever again. Just log into your Etax account and snap those receipts.
If you log into Etax on your mobile, then click the attach buttons, you can snap a photo of documents and they’ll upload automatically!”
Want to review the documents you snapped, but from your laptop? No problem. They’ll be there, when you log in on any device.
Not sure where something goes? Don’t waste valuable time trying to work it out!
At the very the bottom of your Etax return, you’ll see the “Other” section. You can ask questions, add extra info, or attach a document or photo.
After you sign your return, an accountant will update these details in your tax return and we’ll contact you if needed.
So let’s re-cap
- Etax gives you the same support and service you’d get at a tax agent office, but it’s from your home, with no appointments
- You can connect on live chat or secure message, anytime, to get help or advice.
- Once you sign your return, a qualified accountant will check everything, answer your questions and contact you if needed. (It’s all part of our tax agent service, included in the low tax deductible fee.)
- Next, they lodge your return electronically to the ATO and get your tax refund, to you ASAP.
Tax cuts – do they still apply?
Tax cuts announced in 2019 still mean bigger refunds for many Australians in 2020.
Your new tax rebate is automatically included in the Etax refund estimator – you can see your tax refund on-screen. The calculator updates with each new item you enter.