Here’s everything you need to know about the low Etax fees and why Etax.com.au is Australia’s favourite online tax agent.
Why is there a fee to use the online tax return at Etax?
Etax is a registered Australian tax agent that offers you:
- a fast, simple and easy to use online tax return, PLUS
- customisation for your individual circumstances, PLUS
- a full accountant review to ensure you get the BEST refund and avoid ATO troubles, PLUS
- year-round support and tax advice when you need it, for no additional charge.
Etax.com.au is just like seeing a traditional tax accountant – but better! It’s all done conveniently online. No appointments, no travel, no headaches, just a high quality tax return service designed for you.
The Etax tax agent service is VERY different from the ATO’s free MyTax online return.
If you use MyTax, you’re on your own. As a result, you don’t get help from qualified tax accountants who are on your side. And the risks of using MyTax can be costly, like missing tax deductions you’re entitled to, or making an error that results in an ATO repayment later on.
That’s why most taxpayers prefer to pay for a tax agent like Etax to lodge their tax return. In fact, tax agents lodge 74 per cent of tax returns in Australia. And, the fees are tax-deductible!
Do I have to pay when I lodge my tax return?
No! Unlike other accountants, you don’t have to pay upfront. Instead, we can deduct our small fees from your tax refund when it is issued by the ATO. To do this, you need to select “Fee from Refund” when you are on the signing page. Then, when your refund is issued by the ATO we’ll deduct our fee and transfer the remainder of your refund to your nominated bank account. There is a small additional fee for this service so please see below for details of tax return fees.
How much does a tax return cost at Etax.com.au?
No fees up-front! If you receive a tax refund this year, no fee is required until the ATO issues your tax refund. (Choose the ‘Fee From Refund’ option).
The final signing page of your return shows all Etax fees.
- Fast Etax Returns start from $68.90
- We offer a low income service from only $38.50*
- Rental Schedules—just $24.90 for the first one, and only $9.90 for additional ones.
- Non-lodgement advice is FREE. Unlike other tax agents, Etax does not charge any fee for this service.
The optional $27.50 Fee From Refund service means you can pay nothing at the time of lodgment and your fee is deducted from your refund. The Fee From Refund service is very popular and convenient. It’s also extremely affordable compared to other tax agents that take a big fee or even a percentage of your actual refund.**
Etax has no fees for items that most tax agents charge you for, such as:
- Deductions (that help boost your tax refund)—no extra fees
In fact, our accountants will help you find extra deductions – and their help is free as well.
- ETP (Employee Termination Payment)—no extra fees
- CGT (Capital Gains Tax)—no extra fees
More complex tax returns with special schedules will have additional fees per added schedule: FBT or CCR schedule fees are $24.90 each.
Business Tax Returns start at $167.90 (this does not apply to most sole traders – it only applies to people who need to claim detailed business items on their tax return; item 15 (Net Income Or Loss From Business), Item 16 (Deferred Non-commercial Business Losses) or items from P4–P19 (business reporting items)
Overdue prior-year returns have slightly higher fees of $95.90. This is because our accountants need to refer back to prior years’ ATO rules to ensure the return is compliant for the year of lodgment. This fee also includes negotiating with the ATO on your behalf if your late return has penalties or taxes owing, or if you need us to arrange a pay-back instalment plan for you.
Etax never charges a percentage from your tax refund (some accountants do) and never charges interest costs.
Tax agent support, live chat, advice, re-checking, accountant review and fast electronic lodgment of your return are included in the basic fee.
Etax fees are tax deductible.
Australia’s Canstar Blue awarded Etax the “Most Satisfied Customers” Award for Tax Agents in 2018
Finish your taxes in just minutes
…and get prefill, deduction tips, live help, see your refund estimate, and it all saves as you go.
Where can I find Etax fees?
The online tax return and Etax.com.au website clearly displays all Etax fee information for users.
Etax Account Registration Page
The Etax Registration Page displays the Etax fees on the right hand side of the screen which can be seen before you register your details with Etax. Click the ‘Get Started’ button on the Etax.com.au homepage to access this page.
Signing Your Tax Return
Once you’ve filled out your Etax return, the final ‘Sign Your Return’ page shows a quick a summary of your tax return details, including fees, before you sign.
Etax FAQ’s webage
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Page on the website also clearly outlines Etax fees, along with other commonly asked questions about Etax. Click the ‘FAQ’ link in the main navigation menu bar at the top of the Etax.com.au website to access this page.
…And of course, everything about Etax fees is included on the webpage you’re reading now. There are no hidden extras.
Why do your tax return at Etax.com.au?
- Deduction tips help boost your ATO tax refund.
- See What You Claimed Last Year: Saves you time and helps you remember important deductions.
- Etax Prefill can fill out most of the tax return for you!
- Mobile Friendly. Log in on mobile, click the attach buttons, and snap your PAYG. So easy.
- Friendly support from a qualified accountant, on live chat or phone.
- No Appointments, no travel to a tax agent’s office, low fees, and you still get expert checking and advice. Access your account 24/7 from wherever you are.
- Less reading, less clutter.
- Qualified accountants check your return for accuracy and extra deductions. (Better support and service than many tax agent offices.)
- Etax is on your side. You don’t have to go it alone with the ATO.
- Most people finish their tax return in just minutes!
The online tax return at Etax.com.au is a fast, easy way to complete your Australian tax return.
The accounting support team is on your side and it’s our job to get you the best refund possible. If you’re not sure about something on your return, don’t worry! You can ask questions and get tax advice about your return as you go via Live Chat or “My Messages” within your return, or by Phone on 1300 693 829.