Etax.com.au — The fast & easy way to do your tax return
- Fast & easy online tax return
- Works great on mobile
- Tax help and audit support from qualified Etax Accountants, online & phone
- Expert tax agent checking helps prevent ATO problems and helps boost your tax refund
- Direct electronic ATO lodgement
- Confidence of lodging your return via a registered tax agent
- All fees are tax deductible
- Our goal is to maximise your tax refund
At Etax you can enter overdue tax returns from 2001–2016
How to start your online tax return:
Get Started Now
Enter Your Details
Live Chat for Support
Sign Your Etax Return
Here's what happens at Etax, after you're done:
Accountant Reviews Your Return
Correspondence, Advice and Tools Provided
A Second Accountant Checks Your Tax Return for Improvements & ATO Compliance
Accountants Finish Your Return and Lodge it with the ATO
All of that happens very quickly, saving you time.
How do most Australians do their tax return?
The ATO confirmed in June 2016 that now over 74 per cent of taxpayers prefer to use a tax agent like Etax.com.au to lodge their tax return.
Why do your tax return at Etax?
- Shows you deduction tips to boost your ATO tax refund.
- See What Your Claimed Last Year: Your next return will show last year's selections – saving time and helping you remember important deductions.
- Auto Prefill: Does up to 70% of the tax return for you!
- Mobile Friendly: Do your tax return on your mobile!
- Support: Connect with a friendly, qualified accountant on live chat or phone.
- No Appointments, no travel to a tax agents office, low fees, and still get expert checking and advice.
- New: Less reading, less clutter.
- Your Etax online tax return is checked twice by qualified accountants for accuracy and extra deductions. (A higher level of support and service than many tax agent offices.)
- Most people finish their tax return in just 15 minutes!
As we all become more dependent on the internet for convenience and time-saving benefits, doing your tax return online is quickly becoming the most popular option.
User feedback suggests the Etax online tax return is the simplest and quickest way to lodge an Australian tax return. In our July survey, 96% of users said they recommend Etax to friends and family.
Can I do my 2017 tax return now?
2017 tax returns can be lodged at the ATO after 1 July 2017.
Until then, save your work-related receipts and tax deductions. It makes a big difference to your 2017 tax refund.
A Tax Return For Every Australian
All types of Individual Tax Returns
- Personal Tax Return
- Rental Properties
- Family Tax Benefits
- Fringe Benefits Tax
- Capital Gains Tax
- Home Business Tax Return
- Sole Trader Tax Return
- Prior Years’ Tax Return
- ATO Non-Lodgement Advice
- Amended Tax Return
- Late tax return from 2001 to 2016
Etax = Tax Help
for All Occupations
- Sole Traders
- Retail Clerks
- Software Developers
- Health Professionals
- Defence Forces Tax Return
…plus tax returns for every other profession and every income level – from students to CEOs.
Etax Technology + Support = Convenience
Attach receipts and documents right into your Etax 2016 return
Calculates your tax refund – automatically
Saves automatically as you go
Mobile-friendly online tax return plus new Etax 2016 Mobile App
Easy online help tools
"My Messages" is a direct link to your accountant
Confidence: Your tax return is checked by two accountants
Your tax refund is deposited directly into your bank account