Need a tax checklist tailored to your job?
If you forget to include receipts or other records in your tax return, you could miss out on valuable tax deductions. Plus, if you need to go and find things mid way through doing your tax return, the process of completing it becomes slow and frustrating. The solution? A tax checklist, tailored to your job that you can download for free!
A tax checklist, tailored to your job that you can download for free!
To help jog your memory and collect all the right documents and details at one time, we’ve created some helpful tax checklists for popular professions. In these tax checklists, we suggest items specific to your job that you may want to claim, like knives for chefs, non slip shoes for nurses etc.
Download your tax return checklist here:
How to use your tax checklist:
- Download the tax return checklist that matches your job.
- To find out more about tax deductions relevant to you, click on the ‘view blog’ link at the bottom of the checklist
- Use your checklist as a reference or print it off and mark each item as you collect it.
- Start your online return, most people finish in minutes.
- If you have questions or concerns, chat with an Etax accountant on live chat or phone – no appointments needed.
Don’t see a tax checklist that covers your job?
We’re working through checklists for the main professions in Australia, as you might imagine, it’s quite a task. In the meantime, we also provide a Basic and Detailed tax checklists that give a general outline of what tax deductions can be claimed and which documents will be needed across all professions.
A simple, general tax checklist for all professions
Our basic checklist is suitable for anyone with a simple tax return with little or no additional schedules.
A more comprehensive tax checklist for all professions
Our detailed checklist is suitable for anyone with with more complex tax affairs, inc. property investors etc.
Confused about anything in your checklist?
Don’t worry. Here are a few ways you can connect with an Etax accountant for friendly help…
- on live chat (it’s an option after you start your latest Etax return)
- via My Messages (click the mail icon at the top, after you log into your return)
- add your notes or questions in the “Any Other Questions” section, at the very bottom of your Etax return. Then, after you finish and sign it, your accountant will check your return and your questions. They will also tell you if you have provided the correct documents or they need more verification.
- email and phone are good too – the Etax support details are listed right on your tax checklist
Don’t have all the documents you need?
If you’re waiting for a tax statement, PAYG, a receipt or some other document, you can still get started on your return at etax.com.au.
Simply add the details you’ve got on hand. Your Etax return saves automatically as you go, so you can be sure you won’t lose or forget and of the numbers.
Later, when your missing document arrives, just pop back into your Etax account, add the details and you should be ready to go!
Not sure where to find certain documents or information in your tax checklist?
Your statements from providers such as banks and private health providers are either sent to you at the end of each financial year or made available to you online. Generally, you will need to login to your account to download your documents. If you have not received records that you need for your tax return, contact the relevant provider directly.
If you are unsure about anything, the accountants at Etax can often help you to find the information you need and tell you where to enter it in your return.
Other templates and tax forms
At Etax we make tax easy! If you have any questions about your tax return, don’t hesitate to contact us – we’re happy to help.