Finding the details for your tax return can be a bit of a bother, but a simple tax checklist makes it SO much easier
It can be hard to remember everything you need before you do your tax return. If you forget things, you could miss out on valuable tax deductions. Or you could just have a slow and frustrating time trying to get your taxes sorted. It doesn’t have to be like that!
To help jog your memory and collect the right documents and details at one time, we’ve created two helpful tax checklists. They are free for you to use as a taxpayer.
Download your tax return checklist here:
Confused about anything in your list?
Don’t worry. Here are a few ways you can connect with an Etax accountant for friendly help…
- on live chat (it’s an option after you start your latest Etax return)
- via My Messages (click the mail icon at the top, after you log into your return)
- add your notes or questions in the “Any Other Questions” section, at the very bottom of your Etax return. Then, after you finish and sign it, your accountant will check your return and your questions. They will also tell you if you have provided the correct documents or they need more verification.
- email and phone are good too – the Etax support details are listed right on your tax checklist
How to use the tax checklists:
- Save and/or print the checklist
- Mark each item as you find it – or simply use it as a reference
- Once you’ve checked-off all items that apply to you, simply start your online return and you can be finished in minutes
- If you have questions or concerns, you can chat with an Etax accountant on live chat or phone – no appointments needed
Can’t find everything on your tax check list?
If you’re waiting for a tax statement, PAYG, a receipt or some other document, you can still get started on your return at etax.com.au.
Simply add the details you’ve got on hand. Your Etax return saves automatically as you go, so you can be sure you won’t lose or forget and of the numbers.
Later when you get your missing document, just pop back into your Etax account, add the detail and you should be ready to go!
the accountants at Etax can often help you to find the information you need
Along the way, you can also ask an Etax accountant for help finding a certain detail on your return.
Make tax time easier for yourself: Check these Etax resources to learn about tax deductible expenses. Plus, good record keeping habits help make sure you don’t miss a valuable deduction…
At Etax Accountants we make tax easy! If you have any questions about your tax return, don’t hesitate to contact us – we’re happy to help.