It’s not surprising that doing your tax online is now so popular. There’s no need to make appointments or head out with all your papers when you can get the same service at home, instead.
Some newspaper articles, blogs, ATO ads and PR, suggest the ATO’s myTax is the main way (or the only way) to do your tax return. But that’s not true.
This is true: 74% of tax returns are done with a tax agent like Etax.com.au.
Why do most people use a tax agent like Etax for their tax return?
Because they want a better tax refund, to avoid trouble and audits at the ATO, and get clear answers when they have a question. They also want to get it done fast so they can be done with it. Maybe above all, people prefer to have an expert working on their side. Plus, at Etax.com.au you get good technology that makes it all incredibly easy, updated every year based on your feedback.
Tax agent fees are low, tax-deductible and often a tax agent helps you get better tax refunds, saved time and less trouble.
At Etax.com.au we think our online tax return is the simplest and quickest way to lodge your Australian tax online. Lots of people agree: This year’s Etax reviews and feedback are incredible.
Doing your tax online with Etax saves you time and gives you peace of mind
- You can use any device to fill out your return – your laptop, mobile, tablet or desktop computer
- Etax pre-fill can automatically fill up to 80% of your return for you using ATO data
- You can just select the bits of the return that you need – less reading!
- Your tax return is checked by qualified accountants for accuracy and extra deductions before it is lodged
- Most people can finish the Etax online tax return in minutes!
- Need help? You can ask our accounting support team any questions via Live Chat, My Messages or Phone
We’re constantly looking for ways to make it even easier to do your tax online.
For 2019, we have made a list of upgrades to the online return, based on specific feedback from our clients. (Here is more detail about new etax features for 2019.)
Let’s compare three ways people do their taxes
At Etax, we think doing your tax online is the easiest, but for arguments sake, let’s compare…
Local Tax Agents Office
- Takes: At least an hour, probably two hours including travel
- Where: Not very convenient. Must make an appointment and go to their office. Possible wait times.
- Confidence: Varies; sometimes the people helping you are not qualified accountants.
- Price: Varies, commonly $100–$200, some offices have extra fees that can really add up. Final fee may be higher than advertised.
- Service & Support: Good help during your appointment, generally no other help or support.
- How to get started: Find an office you trust and make an appointment. Collect all documents before you go, or it might get complicated.
- Takes: Pretty quick if you have a basic return and no questions.
- Where: It’s online, so that’s good. You must enter private details on the MyGov government site. If you get stuck, well, you’re on your own.
- Confidence: You are on your own from start to finish. If the ATO challenges your deductions or sends you an audit letter, you are still on your own.
- Price: It’s sort of free, unless you consider that you might face a lower refund plus, the ATO is spending millions of taxpayer dollars to operate myTax even though most people prefer using a tax agent like Etax.
- Service & Support: You are on your own. You could ring the ATO, but ATO staff are will not help you get a better refund!
- How to get started: Visit MyGov.
Tax online at Etax.com.au
- Takes: Done in about ten minutes
- Where: Done from home (or anywhere)
- Confidence: You’ve got accountants who are on your side. Our job is to make tax easy AND help you avoid ATO problems. Etax is a registered tax agent and all support staff are qualified accountants or tax agents.
- Price: Etax Fast = $68.90, just once per year, tax-deductible, including full support.
- Service & Support: Fast response and friendly support. Contact the Etax accounting team on live chat, phone, online message, email. We work late hours during tax time.
- How to get started: You can finish your return online right now.
Etax stacks up pretty well against the other options, doesn’t it?
Using the Etax online tax return, you can be done in 4 easy steps:
- Find your tax documents like your PAYG, deduction receipts and bank account numbers (that’s how you receive your ATO refund).
- Log in to Etax and enter your basic details. Etax Prefill will help you get it done fast!
- Questions? Use Live Chat, Phone or My Messages and a real accountant will help you.
- Finish the signing details and you’re done.
Next, our team of qualified accountants will take it from there and will:
- check for ATO “audit triggers” and problems that can slow down your refund,
- look for ways you can improve your tax refund,
- review your return two times,
- answer your questions online or by phone,
- lodge your return electronically (the fastest way to get a refund from the ATO).
All of that happens very quickly, then your refund will be coming soon. Our accountants are standing by, ready to help. We hope to hear from you soon!
Reviews of Etax
Easy to use, easy to follow, excellent service! Have used this service a number of times and it’s great. I don’t need to look anything up it’s all there for me.
-Jules in Tasmania, from ProductReview, July 2019
Thank you to a great team of people who deliver the best service.
I have been doing my tax return with Etax Accountants since 2010, the process is simple and the guidelines easy to follow. Communication is efficient and prompt, very helpful and the service is amazing.
-Pamela, from Google Reviews, July 2019
Easiest Tax Return Ever!
Easiest tax return I’ve ever done. Incredibly simple, step by step process that helps you get the maximum return you are fairly entitled to. I’ll be using this system every year from now on!
-Griffinlay99, from ProductReview, July 2019
Easy to complete with excellent support
I have used Etax on a number of occasions over the years, Simple, Easy. I will never use another agent again. Very happy with the support and accountants are very helpful and thorough.
-L.Bonaddio in NT, from ProductReview, July 2019
I’ve been using Etax for my last 6 returns!
The website is easy to use and they have a fantastic team to help and support you if required. There is a fantastic refund estimate tool that updates in real time which I love. They are quick, easy and hassle free. Highly recommended
-Ness76Adam P., from Google Reviews, July 2018
Etax made my tax return very easy and I would be very happy to recommend them to anyone who is looking for an affordable and easy way to do their return I certainly will keep on using them as long as I need to.
-Joseph C. in Victoria, from Product Review, July 2018
Easy, fast, efficient
Easy to understand, fast and efficient, second year using etax and will continue to use in the future would recommend etax to anyone wanting a painless easy to use experience.
-Todd in Queensland, from Product Review, July 2019
I’ve done my tax refund in literally seconds, amazed. The actual process step by step is very easy to use nothing complicated. Thank you very much for your service. I will definitely use it next year.
-Lorenzo in NSW, from Product Review, July 2019
Such an easy service
…and very happy with my returns for the past few years! Be hard to go elsewhere now!
-Malcolm S., from Facebook, July 2018
I’ve been using Etax for nearly ten years…
and doing tax returns has never been so easy. Literally just a few minutes of your time and you’re done. Previous form data is saved allowing you to automatically have previous details entered if you’re short on time. I highly recommend this company, you won’t be disappointed.
-Calder P., from Google Reviews, July 2019