It’s not surprising that doing your tax online is now so popular. There’s no need to make appointments or head out with all your papers when you get the same service at home, instead.
Some newspaper articles, blogs, plus the ATO’s ads and PR, suggest the ATO’s myTax is the main way (or the only way) to do your tax return. But that’s not true.
This is true: 74% of tax returns are done with a tax agent like Etax.com.au.
Why do most people use a tax agent like Etax for their tax return? Because they want a better tax refund, want to avoid trouble and audits at the ATO, want clear answers when they have a question. They want to get it done fast so they can be done with it. Maybe above all, people prefer to have an expert working on their side. Plus, at Etax.com.au you get good technology that makes it all incredibly easy, updated every year based on your feedback.
Tax agent fees are low, tax-deductible and often a tax agent helps you get better tax refunds, saved time and less trouble.
At Etax.com.au we think our online tax return is the simplest and quickest way to lodge an Australian tax return. Lots of people agree: This year’s Etax reviews and feedback are incredible.
Doing your tax online means… Confidence, Convenience and a lot of Time Saved
- Laptop, mobile, tablet or desktop computer.
- Etax Pre-fill saves heaps of time and helps find bits that you missed.
- Less reading. Just select the bits that you need.
- Your online tax return is checked twice by qualified accountants for accuracy and extra deductions before it is lodged.
- Most people can finish the Etax online tax return in minutes!
- Need help? Our team is there for you.
We’re constantly looking for ways to make it even easier to do your tax online.
For 2018, we have made a list of upgrades to the online return, based on specific feedback from our clients. (Here is more detail about new etax features for 2018.)
Let’s compare three ways people do their taxes
At Etax, we think doing your tax online is the easiest, but for arguments sake, let’s compare…
Local Tax Agents Office
- Speed: At least an hour, probably two hours including travel
- Convenient: Not very convenient. Must make an appointment and go to their office. Possible wait times.
- Confidence: Varies; sometimes the people helping you are not qualified accountants.
- Price: Varies, commonly $100–$200, some offices have extra fees that can really add up. Final fee may be higher than advertised.
- Service & Support: Good help during your appointment, generally no other help or support.
- How to get started: Find an office you trust and make an appointment. Collect all documents before you go, or it might get complicated.
- Speed: Not too bad if you have a basic return and no questions.
- Convenient: It’s online, so that’s good. You must enter private details on the MyGov government site. If you get stuck, well, you’re on your own.
- Confidence: You are on your own from start to finish. If the ATO challenges your deductions or sends you an audit letter, you are still on your own.
- Price: It’s sort of free, unless you consider that you might face a lower refund plus, the ATO is spending millions of taxpayer dollars to operate myTax even though most people prefer using a tax agent like Etax.
- Service & Support: You are on your own. You could ring the ATO, but ATO staff are will not help you get a better refund!
- How to get started: Visit MyGov.
Online tax return at Etax.com.au
- Speed: Done in about ten minutes
- Convenient: Done from home (or anywhere)
- Confidence: You’ve got accountants who are on your side. Our job is to make tax easy AND help you avoid ATO problems. Etax is a registered tax agent and all support staff are qualified accountants or tax agents.
- Price: Etax Fast = $68.90, just once per year, tax-deductible, including full support.
- Service & Support: Fast response and friendly support. Contact the Etax accounting team on live chat, phone, online message, email. We work late hours during tax time.
- How to get started: You can finish your return online right now.
Etax stacks up pretty well against the other options, doesn’t it?
Using the Etax online tax return, you can be done in minutes:
- Find your tax documents like your PAYG, deduction receipts and bank account numbers (that’s how you receive your ATO refund).
- Log in to Etax and enter your basic details. Etax Prefill will help you get it done fast!
- Questions? Use live chat, phone or ‘My Messages’ and a real accountant will help you.
- Finish the signing details and you’re done.
The Etax team of qualified accountants will take it from there:
- We’ll check for ATO “audit triggers” and problems that can slow down your refund
- We’ll look for ways you can improve your tax refund
- We’ll review your return two times
- We’ll answer your questions online or by phone
- We’ll lodge your return electronically (the fastest way to get a refund from the ATO)
All of that happens very quickly, then your refund will be coming soon.
Most people finish their Fast Etax return in minutes!
Our Accountants are standing by, ready to help.