It’s not surprising that doing your tax return online is now so popular. There’s no need to visit an office with all your papers when you can do it at your convenience, instead.
Some newspaper articles, blogs and the ATO’s own advertisements seem to suggest the ATO’s myTax is the main way (or the only way) to do your tax return. But that’s not true.
This is true: 74% of Australians use a tax agent, including convenient online tax return services like Etax.com.au.
Why do most people use a tax agent for their tax return? Because they want a better tax refund, want to avoid trouble and audits at the ATO, want clear answers when they have a question. They want to get it done fast so they can be done with it. Maybe above all, people prefer to have an expert working on their side. Plus, at Etax.com.au you get good technology that makes it all incredibly easy, updated every year based on your feedback.
Tax agent fees are low, tax-deductible and often a tax agent helps you get better tax refunds, saved time and less trouble.
At Etax.com.au we think our online tax return is the simplest and quickest way to lodge an Australian tax return. Lots of people agree: This year’s Etax reviews and feedback are incredible.
Doing your tax online means… Confidence, Convenience and a lot of Time Saved
- Use any computer, laptop, tablet or mobile.
- Etax prefilling can save you time and improve the accuracy of your return.
- Adjust the online tax return to suit you! No unnecessary questions or sections. That means you can complete your return as fast as possible.
- Your online tax return is checked twice by qualified accountants for accuracy and extra deductions before it is lodged.
- Most people can finish the Etax online tax return in minutes!
We’re constantly looking for ways to make it even easier to do your tax online.
For 2017, we have made a list of upgrades to the online return, based on specific feedback from our clients. (Here is more detail about new etax features for 2017.)
We’ve identified the four common ways for taxpayers to do their taxes.
At Etax.com.au, we think doing your tax online is the easiest, but for arguments sake, let’s compare…
|Etax.com.au online tax return||Tax Agent's Office||ATO myTax|
|Speed||Most people finish in minutes.||Usually at least 1 hour. Travel time and waiting can make this even longer||Not bad if you have a basic return and no questions.|
|Simplicity||Fast & easy.||Appointments & time off work – not easy. Forget a document = more time & trouble.||Seems good if you are confident that you know everything to do.|
|Convenient||Mac, PC, tablet or mobile. Anywhere, anytime.||You travel to an office with all of your personal documents.||Seems okay, but some complain about sharing private details on the MyGov registration.|
|Confidence||Qualified accountants check your return twice to help you get the best refund and an accurate return.||Many popular tax agent offices do not employ qualified accountants to serve you.||You are on your own.|
|Service & Support||Includes online, live chat, email and phone support by qualified accountants.||You've got one chance to remember everything at the appointment.||You are on your own.|
|Price||Professional -grade service at very low fees, with fee-from-refund option.||Tax agents advertise low fees, but ATO stats show the average Aussie pays over $350.||No initial cost, but going it alone, many taxpayers over-pay their taxes.|
|How to get started:||Finish Your Return Online Now.||Check a phone directory for an agent near you.||Visit My.Gov.au
Using the Etax online tax return, you can be done in minutes:
- Prefill will help you get it done.
- Not sure about something? Leave it and an accountant can help you later.
- Questions? Use ‘My Messages’ and a real accountant will reply.
- Finish the signing details and you’re done.
The Etax team of qualified accountants will take it from there:
- We’ll check for ATO “audit triggers” and problems that can slow down your refund
- We’ll look for ways you can improve your tax refund
- We’ll review your return two times
- We’ll answer your questions online or by phone
- We’ll lodge your return electronically (the fastest way to get a refund from the ATO)
Most people finish their Fast Etax return in minutes!
Our Accountants are standing by, ready to help.