Don’t ignore your late tax returns! ATO fines, interest and penalties can really add up. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to catch up. But when it’s all done, what a relief!
The Etax.com.au online tax return is fast, easy and simple. Just login, use the drop-down menu to select the tax year that you need to complete, enter a few numbers and your late tax returns will be done before you know it. Our step-by-step online tax return offers:
- Fast & easy online tax return using a browser on your computer or mobile device
- Live chat support and phone support with qualified Etax Accountants
- Automatic tax deduction tips based on your occupation to help maximise your return
- Expert advice preventing ATO problems
- Direct electronic ATO lodgement
- Safety and security of your personal information
Most people finish the online tax return in just minutes
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the most common questions we hear about late tax returns to help you get on top of yours!
“How do I use the Etax site?”
Be an online tax pro in 3 minutes by reading our ‘how to‘ page which provides you a quick tour of your Etax return.
“I can’t find my PAYG and I don’t have any record of my income…”
If you have misplaced your PAYG payment summary or group certificate for a particular tax year, don’t worry! Your Etax accountant can often fetch tax records directly from the ATO and help complete your tax return. This can include your PAYG summary plus income from bank interest and government agencies like Centrelink.
Follow these easy steps to get your overdue tax returns up to date:
- Login at Etax.com.au and select the relevant outstanding tax year.
- Fill in as much detail as you can and sign your return.
- Send us a message using “my etax messages” from within your return letting us know you don’t have your payment records.
- Leave the rest to us. We’ll check with the ATO to find any missing information. Then we’ll lodge your late tax return to the ATO on your behalf.
Please note: Unfortunately, sometimes the ATO did not receive information from your old employers, etc. If this is the case, don’t worry we’ll offer you an alternative solution and help get your return lodged properly anyway.
“I had no income” or “I earned less than the tax free threshold”
If your income is below the tax free threshold or you had no income for a year that’s listed as outstanding, you must submit a special ATO “non-lodgement” form (different from a tax return). This lets the ATO know that you were not required to lodge a tax return that year.
Most tax agents charge a fee for this service, but at Etax we really want to make tax easy – we can take care of this for you free of charge.
If you think this applies to you, please reply to our overdue tax returns email. We’ll check your records with the ATO and confirm whether you need to lodge a late tax return or a Non-Lodgement Advice and we’ll help you get it done in no time!
“I am afraid of owing the ATO money” or “I can’t afford to pay overdue tax”
It’s easiest to get your tax returns up to date now, rather than later. The longer you leave it the more risk you have of the ATO applying penalties and interest payments. On the other hand, if you get up to date now and you need help to manage an amount owing, the Etax support team can help you arrange a payment schedule. The ATO can be very reasonable about payments on overdue taxes IF you get your tax returns lodged accurately and honestly.