Your 2018 tax return is ready to finish now. It is for income that you earned between 1 July 2017 and 30 June 2018. You can start your 2018 tax return at Etax anytime.
The sooner you finish your tax return, the sooner you can receive a tax refund and stop thinking about your taxes for another year! Etax makes that easy for you.
There’s a quick demo video down below, that shows some basics for your 2018 tax return.
Your tax return will be simpler than ever in 2018
The team at Etax works year-round to make the tax return nicer and easier for you. Your 2018 tax return should be somewhere between “very easy” and “truly amazing”. Some people even tell us that their tax return used to be trouble, but now it’s sort of fun. Etax software and chat support makes the whole thing painless and convenient.
Etax often asks users for feedback. Amazingly, last year the most frequent survey responses (about how to improve Etax) were comments like, “You can’t make it better – Etax is perfect already.” But people also made clever suggestions about file attachments, prefill, better help based on your occupation, and more. Etax is doing all of those community suggestions for 2018.
Also, the Etax accounting support team will be bigger for 2018, ready to help you on live chat or by phone. No appointments needed. Get the tax agent help you want, when you want it.
When can I start my 2018 tax return?
You can start your 2018 tax return anytime!
Your 2018 tax return is ready to go at Etax.com.au, for ATO lodgements starting July 1st 2018. Most people can do a return starting in early July, after getting a PAYG.
Enter your income details, add your receipts and deductions, and get a tax refund estimate. Then Etax will do final checking, suggest corrections and additional deductions if necessary, then lodge to the ATO via the electronic PLS system to get your refund as fast as possible.
Your 2018 tax return is for income that you earned between 1 July 2017 and 30 June 2018. It’s best to lodge your return earlier rather than later, because, why not get your tax refund as soon as you can? Etax will help speed up that process for you.
Get a bigger tax refund in 2018
Etax.com.au shows you an accurate tax refund estimate and it helps you find deductions to increase your tax refund.
How can you get a bigger tax refund in 2018?
Here are three important tips:
- Keep track of tax deductions year-round. Work-related tax deductions are an important way to improve your tax refund. Etax makes it easier for you, with three convenient tools:
- Use the Etax 2018 mobile app to save receipts and deductions all year round. Just snap a receipt with your phone and it is saved and ready for your 2018 tax return. Learn more about the Etax mobile app.
- Inside your tax return, Etax shows you deduction tips, based on your occupation. This helps you spot items you can claim and it’s a good reminder about your work-related expenses.
- Etax Accountants will check your tax return in 2018 and look for ways to boost your refund. Trained tax accountants – who are on YOUR side – will help spot valuable deductions that you forgot.
- Enter all of your income. This includes everything earned from your job, Centrelink, bank interest, rental property income and investment income. If you don’t add all of your income at the start, the ATO will find it later and you might get a lower refund than you hoped.
- The Etax Blog is a treasure-chest full of tips to help boost your tax refund. A good place to start is the “improve your refund” section.
Should I do my 2018 tax return online?
Thanks to the latest secure online technology, using an online tax return service is incredibly easy.
Etax developed Australia’s favourite online tax return back in 1998. Etax is updated and improved every year based on your feedback. Twenty years of improvements mean Etax is a high-tech, but very easy, way to do your tax return.
Etax is the best-reviewed, highest-rated tax agent service in Australia, and it is all online.
Tax prefill technology at Etax means your return is mostly done for you. Along the way, Etax gives you deduction tips based on your history and your occupation, helping you get a better refund. It lets you save receipts and documents using your smartphone; just snap an image of a receipt and save it to your tax return.
And you can save those receipts and tax deductions year-round. At tax time, you won’t forget those valuable deductions that can boost your ATO tax refund.
All of that is wrapped-up together with phone and online chat support and a full-featured tax agent service. Here is a quick tour of the online tax return.
Should Etax be my tax agent?
For most Australians, the answer is “yes”.
According to the ATO, 74 per cent of tax returns are done through a tax agent like Etax, because…
- A tax agent is on your side.
- Tax agents like Etax have excellent online systems that save you time (with no appointments).
- You get friendly, expert help when you need it. (At Etax that means you get help right now, by phone and live chat).
- Confidence that your tax return is correct.
- The accountants and tax agents who check your tax return will try to increase your refund AND help you avoid ATO troubles.
- Etax fees are incredibly cheap, the fees are tax-deductible, plus most taxpayers’s refunds are higher when they use a trusted tax agent.
Should I use myTax at the ATO?
The ATO spends millions of taxpayer’s dollars trying to convince more people to use myTax.
Although there’s no direct fee, taxpayers really do pay for it; tens, possibly hundreds of millions in taxpayer dollars have been poured into ATO “self-lodgement” programs.
If you have extremely simple tax affairs, little to deduct and you are comfortable with the tax return and assessment process, myTax might be okay for you.
But with ATO myTax, you are all by yourself. Remember, the ATO’s job is to collect taxes, not to help you get a better refund.
- If you want help to boost your refund, you’d be better to use a tax agent service like Etax.
- For friendly support from a trained accountant who’s on your side, a tax agent is who you should talk to.
- If you’d like help with a check-over, or even from start to finish, from somebody who’s on your side, you’d better avoid myTax. But, at Etax your support team is always ready to help.
- A tax agent gives you the confidence it’s been checked and lodged correctly. (At Etax two trained accountants review and check your tax return before it is lodged electronically at the ATO.)
- If you need help with ATO audit or other problems, and you used a tax agent like Etax, the accountants will help you to deal with the ATO (but with myTax, you’re on your own if the ATO demands a tax repayment, penalty or reassessment).
How to fast-track your 2018 tax return
Etax automatically helps you complete your tax return, suggests deductions to boost your refund, and helps avoid mistakes that would cause ATO delays. The result: Great refunds in a minimum of time. As part of the Etax 2018 upgrades, you can now securely attach all your tax records and 2018 tax deductions to your next return – anytime!
If you’re not sure where something goes, Etax will sort that out for you as well.