Save time, money and effort with Etax.com.au, Australia’s favourite online tax return.
Why use Etax 2017?
Let’s be honest. There are probably lots of things you’d rather do instead of your 2017 tax return.
The Etax.com.au online tax return is fast, easy and simple. After 19 years of user feedback and refinements, Etax 2017 is the most sophisticated, user-friendly way to do your tax return.
Our step-by-step online 2017 tax return offers you:
- Fast & easy online tax return using a browser, on any device
- Live chat support and phone support with qualified Etax accountants
- Automatic tax deduction tips based on your occupation (to help maximise your return)
- Expert advice preventing ATO problems
- Direct electronic ATO lodgement
- Safety and security of your personal information using the latest online technology
When can I start my Etax 2017 return?
Now! The 2017 tax return is available at Etax.com.au. (ATO lodgements start 1 July 2017.)
Your 2017 tax return is for income that you earn between 1 July 2016 and 30 June 2017.
Can I still do my 2016 Tax Return (or an even older return)?
Yes. If you haven’t done last year’s 2016 tax return (or any tax year from 2001 to now), it’s no problem.
There are many reasons people delay their tax return and lodge late. Getting your overdue tax returns taken care of is easier than most people think and people often tell us it’s a big relief getting it done.
For tax returns before 2013, you must use a tax agent such as Etax.com.au (this site) to lodge your outstanding return. This is because the ATO does not accept overdue returns from you directly.
Getting started with Etax
- Click ‘Get Started Now‘ and fill out a short registration form
- Once you’re in, choose the sections of the tax return that apply to you
- Then, move on to filling out the tax return as best you can
- If you’re not sure about something, just use our ‘Live Chat’ or ‘My Messages’ features to contact a qualified Etax accountant who will be able to help you
- Sign your return and an Accountant will check it and answer any of your questions before it is lodged with the ATO
Make sure you only claim a deduction if you have receipts or evidence, as the ATO is increasingly able to detect over-claims and mistakes.
Fast track your 2017 tax deductions
Get on the front foot for your 2017 tax return and start adding your deduction receipts so you don’t have to find them all during tax time.
As part of the 2017 tax return upgrades, you can now securely attach all your tax records and 2017 tax deductions to your 2017 tax return – without having to start your 2017 tax return! You can add tax records at any time as well as any others for 2017 you collect between now and July 1.