Etax 2014 is past and if you have not lodged your tax return for that year, you’ve come to the right place.
Let’s cover how easy it is to use Etax for your 2014 tax return, the new features on online return as well as how to lodge other outstanding prior years’ returns.
Here are the Top 11 reasons why Etax.com.au is Australia’s most popular online tax return service:
- Our proprietary software helps you maximise your tax deductions and put a bigger tax refund back in your pocket.
- Trusted by Australians. In fact, we’re proud to be Australia’s most popular online tax return service.
- Proudly independent and working for you. You could lodge your tax return by going directly to the ATO… but who is going to work harder to get you the biggest refund possible? (Remember the ATO’s job is to collect tax revenue, not to help you get more back. Using Etax.com.au means there’s someone on your side.)
- Every tax return is checked twice by qualified accountants. Enjoy the peace of mind of knowing that your return has been reviewed by qualified accountants (without the high professional fees).
- Works on any device, with any operating system: Take care of your tax without leaving your computer, tablet or even mobile phone – on PC, Mac, iOS or Android operating systems.
- 100% online – no software to download ever.
- Fast and easy: Thanks to our smart online software, the average taxpayer takes just 15 minutes to finish their tax return, without sacrificing accuracy.
- No appointments, no travel to a tax agent’s office, low fees – and you still get expert checking and advice!
- NEW “Auto Prefill” does up to 70% of the work for you – depending on ATO data availability.
- Handy Tax Refund Calculator: as you enter each new item, your estimated tax refund is updated right before your eyes.
- Nothing to pay now: if you choose our “Fee from refund” option, you pay nothing now and we’ll deduct our low fees from your tax refund.
(Plus, our fees are lower than the average tax agent AND your fees are tax-deductible!)
Completing your Etax 2014 Online Tax Return:
Before lodging a tax return, most people need to wait for their 2014 PAYG summaries from employers and evidence of other income for the year, such as bank interest and investments income. Also, it’s important to collect receipts for all deductible expenses for the tax year!
Follow these easy steps to start your Etax 2014 return now:
- If you’re a new client, click here to create a new account. If you’ve used Etax.com.au before, login to your existing account here.
- Select 2014 in the tax year selector.
- Enter as much information as you have available. (Don’t worry if you don’t have everything, you can save your return and come back later.)
- Sign your return.
It really is that easy.
Once you’ve signed your return, qualified Etax accountants will take over. They’ll review your return two times looking for deductions that could boost your tax refund and to ensure it is accurate, before lodging your return electronically to the ATO.
New features of the Etax 2014 return:
Each year we collect user feedback about changes and improvements people want to see at Etax. This year, the changes have been huge so we’ve dedicated a whole webpage to them:
- Pre-filling: We can pre-fill any information that ATO has on your file directly into your return saving you time!
- Refund Estimate: Improved for Etax 2014, the refund estimate tool updates in real time after each new item is entered.
- New Design: The Etax online return has a new look – plus it’s tablet and mobile friendly.
- Item Selector: The new tax item selector lets you show or hide sections in seconds, so you can skip parts you don’t need.
- Your Prior Year’s Info: In one click, you can check what you entered last year to help you remember what to add (existing clients only).
If you’d like to read about these changes in full, simply click here to see what’s new in Etax 2014.
Can I still do my 2014 (or older) Tax Return?
Yes, you’re in the right place. If you haven’t done any year’s Australian tax return, from 2001 onwards, it’s no problem to enter your late tax return here.
There are many reasons people delay their tax return and lodge late. It is easier than people expect to get up-to-date and it can be a big relief to get it off your mind. Here’s how:
Click the green ‘Start’ button at the top of this page. Then enter your basic details and select the relevant tax year you’d like to complete. Enter what information you can for that tax year then sign the return online. Our accountants will check your return for accuracy and further deductions (aimed to maximise your refund) before lodging your return to the ATO electronically.
Something missing in your records? No problem: Send us a note using “My Messages” and mention the item you don’t have records for. We can usually collect this info direct from the ATO (who keep more records about taxpayers than you might expect).
Repeat these steps for each year that have an outstanding tax return. It only takes about 15 minutes for each year’s return.
For any outstanding prior year’s tax return, the ATO stipulates that you must use a tax agent such as Etax.com.au (this site) to lodge your outstanding returns.
You can enter overdue tax returns easily at Etax.com.au –
complete your tax return online now.
“Is Etax.com.au just an online tax return?”
It’s much more than that.
Etax Accountants works hard year after year to provide the easiest, fastest and most complete online tax return, saving Australians countless hours in preparing their taxes. But that is only the start of what we do…
Prior to lodgement, every tax return entered at Etax.com.au is reviewed by an accountant, aiming to maximise your tax refund amount and minimise risk of ATO audits or reassessments.
Next, a second and final tax agent review is conducted giving you the confidence that your return is lodged correctly and minimising the chance of ATO troubles that can affect your tax refund.
This all happens very quickly thanks to efficient systems we work to improve year on year, ever since the first Australian online tax return was done here in 1998.
The Etax 2014 online return is easy, fast and uses the latest web technology to save you time.
At Etax.com.au your taxes are faster and easier than ATO e-Tax software and includes tax agent advice from people whose job it is to ensure your get the most out of your taxes!.
Doing an accurate tax return:
Please ensure that you provide all available details and list accurate amounts to prevent delays in your return. Note that the ATO automatically checks almost every detail found on your tax return and they can re-claim your refund if you do not provide accurate information.
Can I still use ATO e-tax software for my 2014 return?
Sorry, no. The ATO does not allow overdue returns to be processed using old versions of e-tax software and anyway, e-tax software is being cancelled completely. By Etax.com.au lives on! Our tax agent service is improving year on year.