The ATO’s e-Tax 2014 download is government software, installed directly on your computer.
The e-tax 2014 download is now possible only after you register your details on the Commonwealth Government’s MyGov system.
“What about my refund?”
When you self-prepare your tax return using ATO e-tax software or their new myTax system, you might be missing out. Media reports have shown that Australians miss out on Billions in unclaimed tax deductions. That could mean Billions of extra tax revenue for the ATO.
The ATO’s job is to collect tax revenue for the Government, not to maximise your tax refund. This may be important when considering the ATO’s e-tax and myTax.
Did you know there are better alternatives?
What is the best alternative to the ATO’s e-tax 2014 download and software?
The Etax.com.au 2014 Online Tax Return.
The first and most important reason this is a good alternative: At Etax.com.au, there are accountants checking your return and working on your side. Their goal is to help improve your tax refund and help you avoid trouble with the ATO – that means avoiding trouble that could end up costing you money.
Etax.com.au offers a fast and easy-to-use tax return that you complete online, from your web browser. It works beautifully on any device that is Internet-connected (including tablets and mobile phones). Use Etax.com.au and you won’t need to download and install government software on your computer.
The ATO’s e-tax 2014 download includes many questions that may not apply to you. This can involve one hundred, two hundred or more pages of reading. On the other hand, using Etax.com.au we make things as simple as possible: At the beginning of our online tax return, you select only the sections that apply to you, we then customise your return for you, hiding the parts you don’t need. Next you’ll see just a couple of final summary pages, then you’re done – fast and easy.
Another feature Etax.com.au clients appreciate: Your information is secure, never lost and always accessible – from any device that has internet access (computer, tablet or phone). On the other hand, using the ATO’s E-tax 2014 download, you can only access your current or past tax returns on the one computer where you install the software.
Why use Etax.com.au instead of the e-tax 2014 download?
- Checked by experts: Our Accountants look for extra deductions and offsets that will maximise your refund.
- Confidence in knowing your return is accurate and that a top-level tax agent lodged it electronically for the fastest possible refund.
- Over 70% of Australians lodge their return through a tax agent such as Etax.com.au. (The ATO pretends that most people use their software, but this simply is not true.)
- Use your phone, tablet or any type of computer to do your tax return.
What people say about Etax.com.au:
- 97.85% of Etax.com.au users say they’ll recommend it to friends and family.
- 90.3% say it is MUCH better than other ways of doing an Australian tax return.
Improvements to Etax.com.au for 2014
Every year we collect feedback from users and we make large-scale changes. For 2014 the online tax return is easier and faster than ever:
- Artificial Intelligence Built-In: The 2014 return automatically spots mistakes that could delay your refund
- Pre-filling: If the ATO knows anything about your return, we can add it automatically (which makes your tax return faster & easier plus helps avoid ATO issues that can slow down your refund)
- Live Tax Estimate: Each time you enter a new detail on your return, your estimated refund (or tax payable) automatically updates – in real time!
- Improved Help Options: With live chat, countless resources and an expert team of accountants standing by, we’ll make your 2014 tax return your fastest and easiest yet!
Self-lodgement with the ATO’s e-tax 2014 download can’t compete with the easy, fast online tax agent service from Etax.com.au. With fees starting at just $38.50, and a low $67.90 for the latest Fast Etax return including tax accountant checking and advice, Etax.com.au is the most competitive tax service in Australia. On top of that, the fees are tax-deductible! It’s no wonder most Australians use a tax agent service like Etax.com.au.
Our job is to help maximise your refund and help you avoid ATO troubles.
The ATO wants you to download e-tax, which could mean you pay more tax over the years.
You decide – which is better? Lodging with the ATO e-tax download, or using a technologically advanced online tax agent like Etax.com.au?